We now live in a digital age; the internet becomes an increasingly important part of our daily lives. As a result of this era, people became more and more dependent of what the technology can platter. One relatable example is the seemingly rise of consumers demand on online stores. In these past years, online shopping has become a trend with more and more people turning to it. Consequently, a lot of e-commerce sites appear and the competition increases. And as the competition is boosting up, shoppers now have more options to choose from at competitive prices. In this post, we shall introduce one of the leading online shopping platforms in China, AliExpress. We will show you how to buy and shop safely from Aliexpress.com.
What is Aliexpress.com?
Launched in 2010 by the Alibaba Group, AliExpress is a global retail marketplace which is Alibaba’s channel for express wholesale transactions, the reason it has been named as “AliExpress” (composed of Ali + Express). The wholesale platform targets small and meduim sized suppliers and buyers, to make available quality products at very affordable prices. Minimum order can be as low as 1 unit of a product, and is shipped with express delivery; in some cases, fast and free shipping is offered. It is indeed a one-stop-shop for small wholesale orders.
How to Buy From Aliexpress Yourself?
1. You have two options in shopping on Aliexpress, you can shop by directly accessing their site at Aliexpress.com or download the Aliexpress application from app store for free, and sign up for an account.
2. Browse the site, search by categories or by typing keywords associated with the specific item you are planning to buy.
3. Check the product catalog, and product details and specifications.
What details would you see in product page?
- Price.This is the regular price per piece of the item.
- Discount Price. There are instances where the item is offered at a discounted price; this is the final price per unit of the item.
- Color/Size. This shows the colors and sizes available for you to choose.
- The available shipping methods to choose from.
- This is where to place the quantity of your order.
- Total Price. The total amount you will need to pay for your order.
- Check seller’s credibility to know if it is safe to buy from your prospective seller.
4. Check seller’s credibility to know if it is safe to buy from your prospective seller.
Before placing an order, make sure to check seller’s positive feedback rating, as well as the detailed seller rating. Here’s how:
What is Detailed Seller Ratings?
Detailed Seller Ratings are completely anonymous ratings left by the buyer after transactions have been completed. These ratings provide a reliable evaluation of seller’s performance. Detailed Seller Ratings are a part of the site’s overall feedback system, which contains three detailed options for buyers to evaluate a seller’s service and items. The Detailed Seller Ratings are based on a one- to five-star scale. Five stars is the highest rating, while one star is the lowest rating.
|Item as Described
How accurate was the product description?
How satisfied were you with the seller's communication?
How quickly did the seller ship the item?
How to check Detailed Seller Ratings?
When you view the product catalog, you can find the detailed seller rating just below seller’s overall positive feedback. See the following screenshot for reference.
Under feedback, you may also check the comments of other customers who have bought product(s) from the seller. Sometimes other buyers uploads actual photo of the item, check it to see its actual appearance.
5. Choose the shipping method you wish to proceed with. There are sellers which offer free shipping but may take longer time for your order to arrive, or seller is charging a higher price.
6. Next, click Buy Now. Before placing your order, make sure to review your shipping address and other order details. Click Place Order after you have completed all required information.
7. On the check out page, choose the credit card you want to use and complete the required details then click Pay My Order. Your payment will be held securely by Escrow, and shall only be released to the seller after you have confirmed satisfactory receipt of your order.
8. Click Back to Order to see your order details. Wait for the supplier to ship your order; you can opt to contact the supplier for more information.
9. After the supplier has shipped your order, click Tracking to track your order. Once you have received the full shipment of your order, inspect all items carefully. If you are satisfied with your order, click Confirm Order Receive but if not click Open Dispute for resolution of any issue you may have encountered.
Is it safe to buy from Aliexpress?
A lot of people often ask if Aliexpress can be trusted. The truth is a lot of Aliexpress store actually gives a great deal, but you cannot trust every seller on this platform. Avoid sellers that do not have high positive feedback rating.
But there is actually an alternative way you can shop from Aliexpress that is more hassle-free and worry-free than when you buy on your own. It’s by using the service of an Aliexpress Agent. These agents are experienced in transacting business with Aliexpress’ suppliers and with international shipping. They offer these different services:
- Buy for you. Choose the items you want to buy at aliexpress.com, and then Order with them. Whenever you need help, they are there to guide & assist you.
- Quality Check. The quality assurance team inspects each product carefully to ensure conformity with order specifications. They make sure you get the right products.
- Combine Orders & Remove Unnecessary Packaging. Combine orders into a single package & save up to 70% in shipping cost!
- Offer Worldwide Shipping with Reliable Shipping Partners. They ship your package according to your chosen method. Shipping takes 3 to 14 days.
- Offer Dropshipping Services.
- Your own Branding. Add your business logo to feature your brand.
- Remove Price Tags. Will remove any price tags attached to the products.
- Vast Supplier Network. No need to limit your suppliers to those who can dropship.