Shipmentify Prohibited Items include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adult materials (whether in printed, film or digital format)
- Alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, or any illicit or controlled substance or paraphernalia
- Animal fur products
- Antiques, works of art and fine art with an individual value in excess of USD 5,000
- Banknotes, securities, traveler’s checks, currency, cash equivalents of any kind
- Bullion (of any precious metal)
- Clinical or biological samples (including but not limited to ****** fluids and tissue samples)
- Copyright infringing materials
- Counterfeit goods
- Dangerous / hazardous goods including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“IATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
- Electronic cigarettes, Vaporizers or any related parts or paraphernalia
- Firearms or ballistic ammunition of any kind, including imitations, or any parts thereof
- Food Items
- Fuels, gasoline, matches, combustible substances of any kind
- Human remains or ashes
- Hunting (animal) trophies, animal parts such as ivory and sharks fin, animal remains or ashes, or animal by-products and derived products not intended for human consumption, prohibited for movement by the CITES Convention and/or local law
- Jewellery, costume jewellery, watches and objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones with a value in excess of £4,000 per waybill
- Laptop computers – No more than 1 laptop computer per package. Each package may not contain more than 1 lithium ion battery which must be contained within the laptop. No more than two packages per consignment. The shipment must not exceed £5,000 per waybill
- Lithium batteries: (1) All lithium metal batteries – Lithium metal batteries are generally non-rechargeable and contain metallic lithium. (2) Loose lithium ion batteries – Lithium ion batteries do not contain metallic lithium and are rechargeable. These include power banks, USB chargers etc.
- Live animals (including but not limited to mammals, reptiles, fish, invertebrates, amphibians, birds, insects, larvae and pupae)
- Loose precious and semi-precious stones (cut or un-cut, polished or unpolished)
- Plants of any kind and in any form, including seeds, and animal specimens
- Small electronic items, including mobile phones, containing lithium ion batteries – each package may not contain more than 2 batteries which must be contained within the electronic device. No more than two packages per consignment.
- Solar panels
- Used car parts and engines – only acceptable if all steps have been taken to nullify hazardous residues
- Weapons of any kind or any parts thereof, including swords, knives, bayonets etc.
- Other items that we, at our discretion, believe to be potentially dangerous, hazardous, or illegal.
- Alcoholic items like nail polish and perfumes
- Essential oils
- Large bottles of bath liquid and paste cosmetics without supporting “non-hazardous identification”
- Pressure container packaging of cosmetics such as mousse, spray and so on.
Strict prohibition of wood products and cordyceps, as follows:
Pinecone, raw nuts (such as peanuts, walnuts), fresh fruits and vegetables, sausages and meat, garlands and dried flower and coniferous plants, bark, wood, straw products (such as straw hat), sand, soil and seed products.
Japan Customs is strict in hair and fur products, as well as counterfeit items.
There may be additional prohibited items specified by the country of destination. It is important for you to know your local custom policies as Shipmentify will not be responsible for any financial losses that may be incurred as a result. Moreover, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all the laws and regulations of the destination country.